The BMW X3 range has gained a new entry-level model in the form of the X3 sDrive20i. Slotting in beneath the xDrive20d variant, the X3 sDrive20i is the range’s first ever rear-wheel drive offering, bringing the entry-point to BMW’s mid-size SUV range to a sharp $65,900 plus on-road costs.
“We have been strongly encouraged by the X3’s sales performance since it arrived in early- November,” said BMW Group Australia CEO, Marc Werner.
“With the X3 sDrive20i, customers can enjoy all the flexibility of the all-new X3 platform at a further sharpened price point,” he said.
The new X3 sDrive20i is powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine which outputs 135kW and a peak torque of 290Nm. Like the xDrive20d diesel variant, the sDrive20i utilises an eight speed automatic transmission.
Fuel economy and emissions will be confirmed closer to the vehicle’s local launch date in March 2018.
As an introduction to the BMW X3 range, the sDrive20i offers a strong array of standard specification that apes the existing xDrive20d.
Fitted as standard with the xLine equipment package as standard, the popular M Sport Package is also available as a cost option.
Key specification highlights include:
- Auto start-stop function
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- BMW Individual Exterior Line – Satinated Aluminium
- Cloth/leather upholstery
- Automatic tailgate
- Three-zone automatic air conditioning
- Sport leather multi-function steering wheel
- Through loading system with 40:20:40 second-row split
- Head-Up Display
- Speed Limit Info
- Navigation system business with 6.5-inch central display
- Natural voice control
- Automatic headlights
- Automatic wipers
- LED headlights with cornering lights and LED daytime running lights
- Driving Assistant with approach control warning, lane departure warning and lane change warning
- Parking Assistant with rear view camera and park distance control (including active rear)
- Wireless telephone charging
The optional $3,500 M Sport Package consists of:
- BMW Individual headliner in Anthracite
- BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line exterior trims
- Dynamic Damper Control
- Interior trim in Aluminium Rhombicle, with Pearl Chrome finishers
- LED fog lights
- M Aerodynamics Package
- M Leather steering wheel
- 19-inch BMW M light alloy wheels
- Steptronic transmission with gearshift paddles
- ‘Vernasca’ cloth/leather upholstery
BMW X3 range pricing (excluding on-road costs)
BMW X3 range by model: Performance and efficiency