Peugeot will launch its new-look 2008 compact SUV with new technology and revamped model line-up next month.
Visually the 2008 features a subtle facelift which includes the Peugeot’s now familiar multi-facetted grille flanked by restyled headlights which company says feature a ‘feline look’ with an “intensely high-tech chrome and black mask”.
At the rear, the lion claws-shaped LED rear lamps feature new, warm-coloured 3D lighting effect.
The sharp lines and curves of the bodywork are enhanced by the new Ultimate Red (first seen on the 308 GTi by Peugeot Sport, and now available on 308 versions) colour. The range offers customers a choice of seven colours.
The new-look 2008 will also feature a revised model line-up with Active, Allure and GT-Line models available.
In Australia, the GT-Line model replaces the previous Outdoor model (previously manual diesel), while Active models will feature automatic transmission as standard (previously 5 speed manual), while Allure models remain.
On-board technology has been boosted to all variants with the fitment of reverse camera and mirror screen functionality (including Apple Carplay and MirrorLink) for the standard seven inch touchscreen.
Higher grades will feature Satellite Navigation, Active City Brake (autonomous braking technology) and Grip Control – a technology that claims to provide greater grip in low traction situations.
One of the most significant improvements in the facelifted 2008 range is the adoption of the turbocharged 1.2- litre PureTech e-THP three-cylinder engine to all variants. It develops 81kW and 205Nm of torque, paired exclusively to a new, six-speed, sequential automatic transmission developed by Aisin.
This new drivetrain replaces all previous options making the entire range Euro-6 compliant, while the new Aisin six-speed, automatic replaces all four-speed automatic and five-speed manual options of the previous model.
The 2017 Peugeot 2008 launches in February with full pricing to be announced closer to date.
2017 Peugeot 2008 line-up and specification
- 7”Multi-function Colour Display Screen
- Trip Computer Function
- USB & Bluetooth Connectivity
- Arkamys Digital Sound Processing
- MirrorScreen Connectivity (inc MirrorLink & Apple Carplay)
- Tokyo Cloth Trim (Black)
- 16” Alloy Wheels with Space Saver spare wheel
- Single Zone Air Conditioning
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Reverse Camera
- Electric Door Mirrors with Folding function
- Front & Rear Fog Lights
- Programmable Cruise Control with Speed Limiter
- Leather Steering Wheel with Audio Controls
- Cooled Centre Console compartment
ALLURE (IN ADDITION TO ABOVE)
- Park Assist (Self Parking)
- Satellite Navigation
- Active City Brake
- 17” Eridan Alloy Wheel
- Grip Control
- Fog Light cornering function
- Automatic Wipers
- Automatic Headlamps
- Electro-chromatic Rear View mirror
- Rear Privacy Glass
- Dual Zone Air Conditioning
- ‘Oxford’ Premium TEP/Cloth Trim
GT-LINE (IN ADDITION TO ALLURE AND ACTIVE)
GT-line specific ‘Dynamic’ TEP/Mesh Cloth with Red Topstitch
- Red highlights to interior door handles, seat belts & handbrake
- Specific smooth leather steering wheel with red contrast stitching
- Redline theme for 7” Multi-function colour Display Screen
- Alloy door sills
- Alloy sports pedals
- Red LED instrument panel surround
- Perla Nera Black highlights for roof rails, rear door trim, and spoiler and mirror shells
- Specific rear bumper with chrome exhaust
- Gloss black grille surround incorporating red ‘PEUGEOT’ lettering