Ford has announced the pricing and specification of its limited edition, high performance Falcon Sprint models ahead of the models showroom arrival in May.
Priced from $54,990 plus on-road costs for the Falcon XR6 Sprint, just 1,400 Falcon Sprints will be built, with 550 being the XR6 Sprints and 850 XR8 Sprints, each with its own numbered build plate located on the engine.
The Falcon XR6 Sprint has a Manufacturer’s List Price (MLP) of $54,990 (auto only) and the XR8 Sprint has an MLP of $59,990 (manual) and $62,190 (auto).
Visually, the Sprint series will receive subtle exterior design cues to mark their exclusivity, including 19-inch black wheels, upgraded Brembo brake package in gold, black headlamp bezels, a distinctive black rear deck spoiler and new front foglamp surrounds.
To provide further distinction, the XR8 Sprint adds a Silhouette black painted roof and black wing mirrors.
Inside, the Falcon Sprint series receives a unique interior featuring Sprint seats in leather/lux suede, chromatic mirror, dual zone climate control with high-series audio, unique shifter assembly and surround and unique gauge cluster with “Sprint” logo. The manual shifter on the XR8 Sprint gains a “Sprint” labelled shifter.
Fundamental to the Sprint development program was designing and building a performance Falcon with the dynamic attributes expected by Falcon enthusiasts.
At the core of the Sprint are two proven engines, Ford’s turbocharged 4.0 in-line six cylinder and acclaimed Supercharged 5.0-litre V8.
The XR8 Sprint will be powered by a bespoke Sprint calibrated version of Ford’s 5.0-litre Supercharged V8 that develops 345 kW @ 5,750 rpm and 575 Nm @ 2,220-6,250 rpm. The XR6 Sprint is also a performance powerhouse, developing 325 kW @ 6,000 rpm and 576 Nm @ 2,750 rpm.
Both engines benefit from a transient overboost function that provides extra performance for up to 10 seconds if conditions allow, specifically intake air temperature under normal operation.
In the case of the XR6 Sprint, performance can lift from 325 kW / 576 Nm to an overboost of up to 370 kW / 650 Nm. In the XR8 Sprint, the transient overboost function briefly lifts power and torque of up to 400 kW and 650 Nm.
In the XR6 Sprint Ford engineers have added a larger intercooler, sourced the turbo and injectors from the F6, unique Sprint transmission calibration, new lower airbox, bespoke engine calibration and new larger air intake system.
The automatic transmission calibration in the XR6 Sprint has been revised to take advantage of the increased power and extended torque levels that are available with the revised engine. The automatic transmission in the XR8 Sprint uses the Falcon GT-F transmission calibration to ensure durable shift performance.
Key design elements on the new XR6 Sprint and XR8 Sprint are:
- New front fog-lamp surround, with cut out vent in bumper
- New stripe decal in signature hockey stick style
- New Sprint badge (Rear)
- New Sprint mudguard badge (Side)
- Indicator moved to wing mirror – body coloured for XR6
- ‘Sprint’ scuff-plates
- Black headlamp bezels
- Body coloured deck-lid Applique
- Staggered 19-inch alloy wheels in black
- Premium 6-Piston (Front), 4-Piston (Rear) Brembo Brakes in unique Gold colour
- Numbered build plates for each model – both located on the engine
- Rear Deck spoiler in black
Same features as XR6 Sprint; plus
- Silhouette black painted roof
- Black wing mirrors
XR6 & XR8 Sprint
- Unique Sprint Interior – featuring Sprint Seat Package of Leather/Lux Suede trim
- Interior Electro-Chromatic Mirror
- Interior Command Centre, including dual zone climate control and high-series audio
- Unique Shifter assembly and surround
- Manual shifter for V8 gets “Sprint” labelled shifter
- Unique Gauge Cluster with “Sprint” logo
- SYNC 2 with satellite navigation and Bluetooth connectivity
- XR6 and XR8 Sprint customers will have a choice of six colours for their vehicles with the ‘hero’ colours being Victory Gold for the XR8 and Smoke for the XR6.
|Exterior Body Colour||Falcon XR6 Sprint||Falcon XR8 Sprint|
|Winter White (solid paint)||Yes||Yes|
- RECOMMENDED PRICING
Manufacturers List Pricing (MLP) is detailed below:
|Falcon XR6 Sprint|
|Falcon XR8 Sprint|
Prestige Paint: recommended price of $500