Along the new Lexus RC 200t and updated GS sedan, Lexus has also introduced its significantly updated LX four-wheel drive flagship SUV.
The new LX 570 starts from $140,500 plus on-road costs and brings a raft of new styling, mechanical and equipment upgrades.
New to the model is a completely restyled front end with one-piece spindle grille, flanked by a pair of LED headlights with sequential turn signals and front fog lights. At the rear, there’s revised taillights and rear bumper, while freshly styled 20 and 21-inch wheels complete the styling updates.
Under the bonnet, the 270kW/530Nm 5.7-litre quad cam V8 petrol engine is carried over. It is now mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission that replaces the old six-speed automatic.
The new LX 570 now has CUSTOMIZE mode as part of its newly adopted Drive Mode Select. It allows free setting of the powertrain, chassis and air conditioning to settings not available in the other five modes: NORMAL, ECO, COMFORT, SPORT S and SPORT S+.
The 8-seater SUV also adopts a raft of additional active safety technology – Lane Departure Warning, Adaptive High Beam, Head-up Display, Blind Sport Monitoring, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Tyre Pressure Monitoring System.
Specification highlights include:
– leather-accented shift lever
– three-spoke leather-accented and wood steering wheel
– auto height control suspension
– adaptive variable suspension (AVS)
– illuminated smart entry system with smart key card and smart start
– triple LED L-motif headlamps with auto headlamp levelling
– LED daytime running lamps
– emergency brake signal
– four-seat independent control air conditioning
– cool box
– front seat heaters
– 19-speaker Mark Levinson audio
– dual rear seat entertainment with 11.6-inch high definition screens
– clearance and back sonar
– back monitor with four-camera Multi Terrain Monitor (MTM) and Panoramic View Monitor (PVM), and
– 3500kg braked towing capacity
The additions to the new LX are:
– eight-speed transmission
– Pre-Collision Safety system
– All-Speed Active Cruise Control
– Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
– LED headlamps with Adaptive High Beam
– Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
– Head Up Display (HUD)
– tyre inflation pressure warning
– wireless charger
– Drive Mode Select
– sequential LED front and rear indicators, and
– electric park brake.
There is one enhancement pack available for LX 570, which includes 21-inch high grade alloy wheels, heated steering wheel, front seat ventilation and second row seat heater and ventilation for an additional $16,500.