MINI Australia has announced pricing and specification details for the MINI John Cooper Works (JCW) Convertible, the third model in the MINI Convertible range.
Priced from $54,900 plus on roads, the MINI JCW Convertible takes the sportiest elements of the MINI JCW three-door hatchback and combines it with the option of open-air motoring, at the flick of a toggle switch.
The MINI JCW Convertible is powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine, producing 170kW from 5200-6000rpm. This is backed up by 320Nm of torque, generated from 1250-4800rpm and sent to the front wheels via a six-speed sports automatic transmission, complete with paddle shifters. A six-speed manual is available as a no-cost option.
Performance is strong, with zero to 100km/h acceleration achieved in 6.5 seconds and a top speed of 240km/h.
Fuel-saving tech such as auto stop/start function, brake energy regeneration and active cooling air flaps assist in returning 6.2L/100km average consumption figures.
Standard-fit Dynamic Damper Control and an electronic differential lock make the most of this all-round performance, allowing the MINI JCW Convertible’s dynamics to be tailored for comfort, or optimised for sports driving.
A four-seat convertible, the third-generation open-air MINI Convertible offers 36mm increased rear shoulder room, 112mm more rear elbow room and 36mm extra knee room than its predecessor, as well as 45 litres of additional luggage capacity.
The roof automatically retracts at the touch of a toggle switch, enabling roof-down operation in 18 seconds. It is operable at speeds of up to 30km/h.
A sliding roof function is also available, allowing a roof opening of up to 40cm at any speed.
2016 MINI JCW Convertible standard specification:
- JCW Sports seats trimmed in Carbon Black cloth/dinamica upholstery
- Automatic air-conditioning
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Interior LED lighting
- 12-speaker Harman/Kardon Hi-Fi
- DAB digital radio
- Reversing camera
- MINI Navigation System Professional, including 8.8-inch screen, 3D maps, touchpad controller, voice recognition and 20GB hard drive
- Head-Up display with JCW-specific content (displays driving speed, navigation info, phone and audio lists, engine revs, gear indicator and shift point)
- JCW-specific interior components, including door sills, gear shift lever, instrumentation and stainless steel sports pedals
- Dynamic stability control with electronic brake force distribution, dynamic traction control
- LED headlights
- Front and rear park distance control
- Park assist
- 18-inch John Cooper Works Cup light-alloy wheels with run-flat tyres