Hyundai has introduced the new Santa Fe SR flagship to their local range. Priced from $59,990 excluding on-roads, the range-topper promises improved dynamics matched by a more aggressive styling.
The Santa Fe SR joins the Veloster SR Turbo, i30 SR and Accent SR in Hyundai’s Australia’s range of sport derivative models.
Based on the 2015 Santa Fe Highlander, it brings a sports bodykit including a deep front spoiler, full-length side skirts and a rear diffuser with integrated exhaust. There’s also matte-black 19-8 OZ Racing Versilia alloy wheels shod with 235/55 R19 Michelin Latitude Tour tyres with a full size spare.
Behind the larger alloys hide a set of high-performance Brembo disc brakes measuring 340mm x 28mm up front, and 302mm x 22mm at the back, clamped by bright red 4 piston calipers.
The Santa Fe SR is suspended on a set of H&R Performance Springs, which are six percent stiff at the front and 11 percent at the rear compared to the standard model. The beefier springs are matched with Korean made Mando dampers that are also used on MY15 Santa Fe models.
Underneath the bonnet is the same 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbodiesel as the Santa Fe Highlander delivering 145kW of power and 436Nm of torque. It is matched with a 6-speed automatic transmission driving all four wheels.
Santa Fe SR is available in four exterior colours: Creamy White (solid), and Sleek Silver, Titanium Silver and Phantom Black (all metallic). Each is matched with leather-appointed black interior trim.
Highlights of the Santa Fe SR’s standard equipment list include:
- 12-way power driver’s seat with lumbar support
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated second row seats
- Rear-door sunshades
- Twin-panel, auto-closing panoramic glass roof
- Dual-zone climate-control air-conditioning (with vents on all three rows)
- Automatic dusk-sensing HID Xenon headlights
- LED Daytime running lights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Rear-view camera
- 7” Touchscreen satellite-navigation system with SUNA traffic updates and three years’ HERE MapCare
- Bluetooth iPod connectivity
- 10-speaker premium audio system
- Underfloor rear cargo storage
- Proximity smart key with push-button start
- Power tailgate with hands-free opening
Pricing (Excl. on-roads):
|AWD||2.4L GDi Petrol||6 Speed Manual||$38,490||–||–||–|
|6 Speed Auto||$40,990||–||–||–|
|AWD||2.2L CRDi Diesel||6 Speed Manual||$41,490||–||–||–|
|6 Speed Auto||$43,990||$48,490||$53,240||$59,990|