The all-new second generation BMW X4 will arrive into Australian showrooms in the third quarter of 2018 priced from under $80,000.
The BMW X3-based mid-size SUV coupe has been completely redesigned for 2018, just four years into the lifecycle of its predecessor. Available in four variants from market launch, the new X4 range comprises three petrol variants and one diesel model. All variants benefit from a standard all-wheel drive and eight-speed automatic transmission.
BMW X4 pricing (excluding on-roads)
X4 xDrive20i M Sport $76,900,
X4 xDrive20d M Sport $79,900
X4 xDrive30i M Sport $83,900
X4 M40i M Performance $109,900
The BMW X4 xDrive20i features a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine generating 135kW and 290Nm and is capable of reaching 100km/h from rest in 8.3 seconds.
The similarly-specified X4 xDrive20d uses a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder diesel engine that produces 140kW and some 400Nm of torque, for 0-100km/h in 8.0 seconds.
Moving to the X4 xDrive30i, a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine provides 185kW of power and 350Nm of torque. This enables 0-100km/h acceleration of a sportscar-like 6.3 seconds.
For the first time ever, the BMW X4 is also available as an M Performance model, in the X4 M40i.
Motivation is supplied by a classic 3.0-litre turbocharged straight six-cylinder petrol engine, offering an impressive 265kW power output and 500Nm of torque.
0-100km/h timing is stopped after only 4.8 seconds and a new M Sport rear differential further assists the xDrive system in creating incredible traction and response.
Standard specification across the range includes M Sport suspension, Performance Control function and variable sport steering. M Sport brakes and Adaptive Suspension with electronically controlled dampers are both standard fitment on the X4 M40i and optionally available on other model grades.
The X4 M40i also come equipped as standard with 20-inch light-alloy wheels, specially designed M Sport brakes and an M Sport rear differential.
Key standard specification highlights
The BMW X4 range commences with the xDrive20i, which is equipped with the following as standard:
- Airbags for driver and front passenger, head and side airbags with seat occupancy detection for driver and passenger sides, driver’s knee airbag
- Dynamic Stability Control with ABS and Dynamic Traction Control
- BMW Head-Up Display
- Cruise Control with braking function
- Driving Assistant with Approach Control Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Change Warning and Speed Limit Info
- Parking Assistant Plus including Rear View Camera, fully automated parking assistant with Active Park Distance Control, Surround View, Panorama View and 3D View
- LED Headlights with extended contents, including cornering lights and LED daytime running lights
- LED fog lights
- Rear LED taillights
- Interior rear-view and exterior mirrors with anti-dazzle function
- Lights package, including footwell lights, door exits, reading lights and vanity mirrors
- Rain sensor, including automatic headlight activation
- M Sport Package
- Adaptive Suspension
- 19-inch M light alloy wheels
- Eight-speed automatic transmission
- BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line
- Sports front seats for driver and front passenger with side bolster adjustment
- Cloth/leather ‘Vernasca’ upholstery
- Front electric seat adjustment with driver’s memory function
- M leather multi-function steering wheel
- BMW Individual headliner anthracite
- Automatic tailgate operation
- Three-zone climate control air conditioning
- Storage compartment package
- Through loading system with 40:20:40 split
- BMW Connected+
- ConnectedDrive Services including BMW Online and BMW Apps
- Intelligent Emergency Call
- Real-Time Traffic Information
- Remote services including send-to-car, cabin pre-conditioning and remote unlocking/locking via smartphone app
- Navigation system Professional with 10.25-inch colour touch display
- DAB+ digital radio tuner
- Six-speaker stereo system
- Enhanced telephony with extended smartphone connectivity including Bluetooth connectivity for up to two devices
The BMW X4 xDrive20d apes the xDrive20i’s specification.
Opting for the xDrive30i adds:
- Eight-speed sports automatic transmission
- Leather ‘Vernasca’ upholstery
- Comfort Access
- Multi-functional instrument display with 12.3-inch colour screen and black panel technology
- M Sport Brakes
- Driving Assistant Plus including Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go function, front cross-traffic warning, Steering & Lane Control Assistant and Lane Keeping Assistant with Side Collision Warning
- Adaptive LED headlights with High-beam Assistant and BMW Selective Beam
- 20-inch BMW M light alloy wheels
The flagship BMW X4 M40i features the following additional specification:
- Adaptive M Suspension, with specific tuning
- M Sport differential
- Cerium grey exterior design elements
- 21-inch BMW M light alloy wheels
- Panorama glass sunroof
- 16-speaker harman/kardon Surround Sound System
- Ambient light, offering six configurable interior colour themes
- Sensatec instrument panel
- Poplar Grain fine-wood interior trim
- Lumbar support for driver and front passenger
- Seat heating for driver and front passenger
- ConnectedDrive Freedom Package, including Concierge Services with 24/7 assistance via the ConnectedDrive Call Centre