Citroen Australia has announced the pricing and specification of its new Cactus compact SUV ahead of the car’s on sale date in February 2016.
Local model will be offered with two drivetrains, both featuring stop-start technology.
The 5-speed manual, 81kW/205Nm PureTech 1.2-litre turbo-petrol three-cylinder variant will retail for $26,990 plus on-road costs, while the 6-speed semi-automatic, 68kW/230Nm 1.6-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel will go for $29,990 plus on-roads.
A significant range of personalisation options will be available at extra cost and include: coloured Airbumps, coloured roof rails and door mirrors, wheel rims, colour body highlights, interior options and a range of vibrant exterior colours.
Citroen says there are a total of 23,184 possible combinations and permutations for the Cactus – with all being offered by Citroen Australia to customers who pre-order their vehicles before the end of the year.
The Cactus will also bring with it a range of innovative technologies paired to unparalleled customisation and Citroen’s leading 6 year warranty, service and support program.
General Manager for Citroen Australia, John Startari, said the generous levels of specification and unique nature of the Cactus will prove a compelling package for Australian’s looking to stand apart from the crowd.
“With its standout design, innovative features, generous specification and sharp pricing, the C4 Cactus will bring significant competition to the compact SUV segment,” said Startari
“In a market full of same-same styling the C4 Cactus gives customers the opportunity to make a statement and it is one we believe will resonate with Australians.
“Paired with Citroen’s leading 6 year warranty, capped-price servicing and roadside assist program, the Cactus is a vehicle that will appeal to the heart and the head,” said Startari.
As standard Exclusive petrol models will feature:
- 81kW, 205Nm 1.2 litre turbo petrol PureTech drivetrain with manual transmission;
- 7” Touch Screen with eMyWay Satellite Navigation;
- Reverse camera with rear parking sonar;
- DAB+ Digital Radio with 6 Speakers and ARKAMYS Digital Amplifier;
- Bluetooth connectivity and USB input;
- Automatic Lights & Wipers with Magic Wash;
- Climate control air conditioning;
- Cruise Control & Speed Limiter with Favourite Speed Memory;
- Cornering Fog Lights;
- 17” Bi-tone Cross alloy wheels with 15” Steel spare tyre;
- Tyre pressure monitors;
- Electronic assistants (ABS/EBD/EBA/ESC/HSA);
- Six airbags (front driver, roof passenger, front sides & two curtain);
- Bi-tone leather steering wheel with chrome insert & controls;
- Height adjustable driver’s seat;
- Electric front windows and pop out (6cm) rear windows;
- Electronically adjustable mirrors;
- PLIP with central locking;
- Seatbelt unfastening warning on all seats;
- Piano black roof bars, mirrors, blank rear insert & rear spoiler surround;
- Centre console and armrest with storage;
- Ventilated disc brakes front and drum brakes rear;
- Top box 8.5L storage compartment;
- Black Airbump;
- 12 volt socket and cup holder in cabin;
- Front sun-visors with driver’s courtesy mirror;
- 60/40 split rear seats;
- Guide-me-home lighting, selective unlocking and auto rear wiper in reverse;
- LED Courtesy and Map Lights.
Exclusive diesel models will feature the following over the Exclusive petrol:
- A 68kW, 230Nm 1.6 litre turbo-diesel drivetrain with six-speed semi-automatic;
- “Easy Push” Gear Selector and paddle shifters on steering wheel;
- Aircraft-style manual handbrake;
- Bench seat with armrest.