The first round of the 2016 MotoGP Championship is just around the corner and BMW will once again line up the grid for the 2016 season with the new BMW M2 Safety Car.
The new BMW M2, launched late last year, will replace the M4 used in the 2015 MotoGP season.
Based on the road-going M2, the official MotoGP Safety Car is fitted with the BMW M Performance aerodynamic package which includes a front apron with a splitter, a rear diffuser, side skirts extensions and rear spoiler.
The carbon fibre aero panels are complemented with carbon fibre exterior mirror caps, gloss black kidney grille and gold alloy wheels. A new M GmbH livery completes the exterior modification.
The 272kW / 465Nm 3.0-litre turbocharged six-cylinder engine under the bonnet of the M2 Safety Car is carried over from the road car but matched with an M Performance exhaust system made of titanium with carbon fibre quad exhaust tips.
Exclusive to the Safety Car is an LED light bar mounted on the roof, external bonnet motorsport locks, roll cage, fire extinguisher and Recaro racing seats. For ease of transportation by air, the M2 safety car is also fitted with a fuel drainage system and a power cut-off switch.
Modifications for the BMW M2 MotoGP Safety Car:
• BMW M Performance exhaust system with carbon finishers
• BMW M Performance carbon side skirts
• BMW M Performance front grille high-gloss black
• BMW M Performance Air Breather high-gloss black
• BMW M Performance carbon mirror caps
• BMW M Performance carbon aerodynamic kit front (blades)
• BMW M Performance carbon rear diffusor
• Front flap CFK/GFK underframe (newly developed)
• Carbon rear wing with closed mounts
• BMW M Performance coilover suspension
• Carbon ceramic brake (prototype)
• Michelin Cup tyres
• Bonnet with “motorsport lock”
• Fuel suction pump
• Battery master switch
• Flashing corona headlight rings
• LED lights on the roof with bracket (newly developed)
• LED lights in the front grille
• LED lights in the rear lights
• RECARO racing seats with Schroth belts
• Roll cage
• Fire extinguisher with bracket
• BMW M Performance alcantara steering wheel
• BMW M Performance carbon fibre interior trim
• BMW M Performance stainless steel pedal pads
• BMW M Performance floor mats