Audi has expanded its popular second-generation Q7 range with a new 160kW 3.0-litre TDI variant priced from $96,300 plus on-road costs.
Sporting a slightly detuned version of the 3.0-litre turbodiesel V6, the engine produces 160kW of power and 500Nm of torque, 40kW and 100Nm down on the more expensive model.
It is mated to the same 8-speed automatic transmission and Quattro all-wheel drive system. 0-100km/h takes 7.3 seconds (0.8 seconds slower), while combined fuel consumption is a claimed 5.8L/100km – just 0.1L/100 less than the 200kW variant but 20 per cent lower than the previous-generation Q7.
Towing capacity remains unchanged at 3,500kg braked.
Safety features are the same for both variants and includes Audi pre sense city automatic emergency brake, Side Assist and Rear Cross Traffic assist.
Inside, the entry-level model looses the impressive Audi Virtual Cockpit and gain a set of conventional analogue instruments.
Also available for the new Q7 are Audi’s intelligent Matrix LED headlights, with dynamic rear indicators.
The new Q7 is also available with all-wheel steering, which turns the rear wheels below 10km/h in order to reduce the turning circle for improved maneuverability. At high speeds, the same rear-wheel steering function is applied differently to increase cornering stability.
Despite taking its place at the entry point to the Q7 range, the new model features a very high level of standard specification. Highlights include:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Driver information system with 7-inch high-resolution colour display
- Side assist with pre-sense rear, rear cross traffic alert & exit warning
- Xenon plus headlights with high beam assist
- Parking system plus with rear view camera
- Electric adjust front seats with driver’s memory
- Contrasting lower bumpers
- MMI Navigation plus with 8-inch retractable display
- DAB+ digital radio
- Leather-appointed upholstery
The new Audi Q7 3.0 TDI is officially on-sale now.
- (Manufacturer List Pricing (MLP) – excludes dealer delivery and statutory charges)
- Q7 3.0 TDI quattro tiptronic 160kW 5.8L/100km $96,300
- Q7 3.0 TDI quattro tiptronic 200kW 5.9L/100km $103,900