Holden has released the pricing and specification of the new 2017 Holden Trailblazer ahead of the model going on sale in October.
Essentially an extensively updated Colorado 7, the new seven-seat Trailblazer range is consist of just two variants, with the LT starting from $47,990 plus on-road costs, and the LTZ at $52,490 plus on-roads.
The Trailblazer’s exterior styling enhancements sees the introduction of signature LED daytime running lamps combined with chrome accents, complemented by a more muscular bonnet design.
The redesigned interior includes heated leather seats with contrast stitching, fresh new dash and an updated centre console.
Rear parking sensors, rear-view camera, along with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are standard on both models.
Both variants are powered by the carried over 2.8-litre Duramax turbo-diesel engine producing 147kW of power and 500Nm of torque, paired exclusively with a six-speed automatic transmission.
Holden has also revised the car’s steering calibration, which is co-developed between Holden and Brazilian engineers to provide a more precise steering feel, thanks to a faster steering rack ratio and less turns lock-to-lock.
Other improvements include a revised set of engine, transmission and body mounts to provide a more refined and composed ride.
The entry-level LT comes standard with 17-inch alloy wheels with full size spare, new 7-inch MyLink colour touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, seven airbags, Hill Start Assist and Trailer Sway Control, Hill Descent Control and remote window operation via keyfob.
The range-topping LTZ adds 18-inch alloy machined face wheels with full size spare, an 8-inch MyLink colour touchscreen with satellite navigation and voice recognition, remote vehicle start via keyfob, leather seats with heated front seats, front parking sensors, climate control air-conditioning, Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning, Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, tyre pressure monitoring system, LED taillights, heated and power folding mirrors, electrochromatic rear view mirror, rain sensing wipers and chrome exterior details.
The Trailblazer is available in six colours: Summit White, Absolute Red, Mineral Black, Nitrate Silver, Satin Steel Grey and Blue Mountain.
Holden Trailblazer Range and Feature Highlights
- 2.8L Duramax diesel engine
- 6-speed automatic transmission
- 17” alloy wheels with full size spare
- New MyLink infotainment system:
- 7” colour touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto Phone Projection
- Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- Rear park assist with Reverse Camera
- LED Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs)
- 7 Airbags (Driver, Pass., Fr. Seats, Curtain, Driver Knee)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) System
- Hill Start Assist (HSA) & Trailer Sway Control (TSC)
- Hill Descent Control (HDC)
- Remote window operation (via keyfob)
LTZ highlights over LT:
- 18” alloy wheels with full size spare (machined face)
- New MyLink infotainment system:
- 8” colour touchscreen
- Integrated satellite navigation
- Integrated voice recognition
- Remote vehicle start via keyfob
- Leather appointed seat trim with heated front seats
- Front park assist
- Electronic Climate Control
- Forward Collision Alert (FCA)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Side Blind Zone Alert (SBZA)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- LED tail lights
- Heated and power folding exterior mirrors
- Electrochromatic (light sensitive) rear view mirror
- Rain sensing windscreen wipers
- Chrome exterior details
2017 Holden Trailblazer pricing (excluding on-roads):
Trailblazer LT: $47,990
Trailblazer LTZ: $52,490