The revised 2017 Holden Colorado officially goes on sale this month, chasing a slice of the increasing lucrative light commercial segment currently dominated by heavyweights Toyota Hilux and Ford Ranger – both of which had their new models launched late last year.
Complete with a long list of technology introductions, design upgrades and Australian engineering content, the 2017 Colorado will continue to lure buyers away from the Blue Oval and Big T with its Lifetime Capped Price Servicing program – the largest of its kind in Australia.
Holden’s Executive Director of Sales, Peter Keley, said the Colorado’s array of high-tech features and attractive new styling give customers a premium truck at non-premium pricing.
“The 2017 Colorado comes packed with technology, looks great and feels more refined than ever. To be able to maintain competitive pricing with all of these upgrades underlines our ongoing commitment to providing customer value,” said Mr. Keley.
With prices range from $38,190 for the rear-wheel drive LS to $57,190 for the fully loaded four-wheel drive Z71, the new car’s sticker is largely unchanged from before, a stark contrast to the heavily revamped front fascia and in-car technology and connectivity.
The Colorado now boasts an 8-inch colour touch screen, and the latest MyLink system equipped with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for seamless smartphone integration.
Further convenience upgrades include remote window operation and vehicle start, allowing Colorado drivers to have their cabin comfort under control before they even open the door.
Complementing its updated technology features, the new Colorado’s interior has been intensively revised, starting with a redesigned dash with contrast stitch detail, in addition to a clean instrument cluster and centre console. Heated leather appointed seats are also available in Z71 model and as an option on the upper mid-spec LTZ.
The most significant change to the Colorado is the sleek new front fascia and upper grille accompanied by new headlamps with LED Daytime Running Lamps.
LTZ model comes equipped with an alloy sports bar, 18-inch alloy wheels, chrome exterior door handles and exterior scalps, giving the ute more road presence.
In terms of safety, the new Colorado offers an expanded array of active and passive safety features across the range, with rear park assist and reversing camera standard on all crew cabs.
The top of the range LTZ and Z71 models are now offered with front park assist, forward collision alert and lane departure warning as standard.
Further under-the-skin changes include suspension, electric power steering, and engine and transmission noise and vibration refinements to improve overall drivability.
The new suspension gains a larger front stabiliser bar, revised front and rear spring rates, and improved damping and body mount. This, according to Holden, results in improved ride isolation, rolling comfort, body motion and roll control.
Behind the wheel, the new Colorado is said to offer a more precise steering feel and car-like driving experience thanks to a faster steering rack ratio and new steering calibration.
To improve cabin NVH levels, Holden has increased the front side glass thickness from 3.5mm to 4.0mm and added additional exterior seals, mouldings and foams around the cabin. New tyres are also fitted across the range with a new compound and revised tread pattern for a quieter ride.
Powering the range is a revised 2.8-litre four-cylinder turbo diesel engine which is said to offer improved refinement, cleaner emission and better fuel economy. It produces 147kW and 500Nm, and is paired with either a six-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmission.
2017 Holden Colorado Specification
- 2.8L Duramax diesel engine
- 6-speed manual transmission
- 16” steel wheels with full size spare
- Vinyl interior flooring (carpet on LS Space Cab)
- New MyLink infotainment system:
- 7” colour touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto Phone Projection
- Digital Audio Radio (DAB+)
- 6 speaker audio (Crew Cab)
- Rear ventilation duct – heat and cool (Crew Cab)
- 2nd Row ISOFIX x2 (Crew Cab)
- Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- Cruise control
- Rear park assist with Reverse Camera (wiring provisions available for cab chassis variants)
- LED Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs)
- Auto On and Off Halogen Reflector Headlamps
- Helical Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
- 7 Airbags (Driver, Passenger, Front Seats, Front Curtains, Driver Knee)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Coil front and rear leaf suspension
- Trailer Sway Control (TSC)
- Hill Descent Control (HDC)
- 2 x 12V power outlets in centre dash
LT highlights over LS:
- 17” alloy wheels with full size spare
- Carpet interior flooring
- Front fog lamps
- Side steps
LTZ highlights over LT:
- 18” alloy wheels with full size spare (machined face)
- New MyLink infotainment system:
- 8” colour touchscreen
- Embedded Satellite Navigation
- 7 Speaker premium audio (Crew Cab)
- Remote vehicle start via keyfob (Auto transmission)
- Front park assist
- Electronic Climate Control
- Forward Collision Alert (FCA) with Head up warning
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- LED tail lights
- Heated and power folding exterior mirrors
- Alloy sports bar
- Soft tonneau cover
- Electrochromatic (light sensitive) rear view mirror
- Rain sensing windscreen wipers
- 6-way adjustable electric drivers seat
- Body exterior door handles with chrome strip
- Chrome exterior mirror scalps
- Chrome gear selector (Auto transmission)
- Front passenger sunglass holder & dual reading lamps
Z71 highlights over LTZ:
- 18” alloy wheels with full size spare (Arsenal Grey Metallic)
- Sail plane sports bar & side rails with Z71 graphics
- Unique soft tonneau cover
- Leather appointed seat trim with heated front seats
- Z71 embroidered front seat headrests
- Z71 hood decals
- Black exterior door handles
- Black exterior mirrors
- Black body side mouldings
- Unique front fascia with integrated nudge bar
- Gloss black front grille
- Roof Rails