Peugeot has unveiled its freshly minted 2008 small SUV ahead of its Australian launch later this year.
Based on the Peugeot 208 hatch, the 2016 2008 gets styling cues handed down from the rest of Peugeot’s range, including a new vertical front grille flanked by black and chrome headlamps and 3D claws rear tail lights.
This style approach continues from the grille over the bonnet and onto the roof, completing the wave-shaped profile. Topped by roof bars, this wave emerges directly above the rear doors, providing an exclusive décor. Decorated in a bright chrome finish, it is integrated into the bodywork and continues to highlight the integrated aero-spoiler.
The bumper forms part of the solid black protective belt which encircles the new 2008. To preserve the bodywork, this belt unites the front and rear bumpers, equipped with scuff plates and wheel arch extensions.
In Europe, there’s a new GT Line trim which is said to add a sporty and chic theme to the red/black spirit, although it isn’t confirm for Australia.
Inside, the cockpit and largely borrowed from the 208 hatch, with on-board connectivity that includes the Mirror Screen feature which allows the driver to link their MirrorLink or Apple CarPlay compatible smartphone to the touchscreen.
The 2008 is powered by a range of petrol and diesel engines, including:
- 1.2L PureTech 82, 5-speed manual gearbox, 4.9l/100km, with CO2 at 114g/km,
- 1.2L PureTech 82, 5-speed electronically-controlled gearbox, 4.4l/100km, with CO2 at 102g/km,
- 1.2L PureTech 110 S&S, 5-speed manual gearbox, 4.4l/100km, with CO2 at 103g/km,
- 1.2L PureTech 110 S&S, 6-speed automatic gearbox (EAT6), 4.8l/100km, with CO2 at 110g/km,
- 1.2L PureTech 130 S&S, 6-speed manual gearbox (EAT6), 4.8l/100km, with CO2 at 110g/km.
- 1.6L BlueHDi 75, 5-speed manual gearbox, 3.7l/100km, with CO2 at 97g of CO2/km,
- 1.6L BlueHDi 100, 5-speed manual gearbox, 3.7l/100km, with CO2at 97g/km,
- 1.6L BlueHDi 100 S&S, 5-speed manual gearbox, 3.5l/100km, with CO2at 90g/km,
- 1.6L BlueHDi 100 S&S, 5-speed manual gearbox, 3.6l/100km, with CO2at 95g/km,
- 1.6L BlueHDi 100 S&S, 6-speed electronically-controlled gearbox, 3.6l/100km, with CO2 at 95g/km
The BlueHDi 1.6L Diesel engine is an exclusive combination of the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology and additivated Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). This engine is characterised by its pleasure to drive and record low fuel consumption, regardless of the version – 75 (55kW), 100 (74kW) and 120hp (88kW).