Mercedes-Benz has announced Australian pricing and specification for the new Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class range.
The revitalised GLE bows in at $86,900 plus on-roads for the GLE 250d 4Matic, with pricing stretching to $127,900 for the GLE 500 4MATIC. The top-spec GLE 63 AMG caps off the range at $189,900.
First unveiled at the New York Auto Show earlier this year, the GLE gets a redesigned front fascia encompassing new front bumper, a revised grilled flanked by a pair of restyled headlights similar to those on the GLE Coupe.
At the back, the LED tail lamps have been freshened up with the same motive as other recent models, while the rear bumper has been tidied up together with a pair of new tailpipes.
As expected, the Mercedes-AMG GLE 63 wears a more aggressive body kit and is distinguished by a deeper front bumper, a sportier front grille with a single bar, beefier rear bumper with integrated rear diffuser and quad exhaust tips. A set of 20-inch lightweight alloy wheels finished in titanium grey rounds of the exterior styling.
Inside, the cabin is largely carried over safe for a new steering wheel and centre console with Mercedes’ 7-inch freestanding infotainment screen. There is also new colour palette including ginger beige, espresso brown, saddle brown or porcelain, along with a plethora of trim options.
Available from September, the GLE range will consist of five variants;
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 250d 4MATIC, 2.1-litre four-cylinder turbo diesel, 150kW / 480Nm – $86,900
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350d 4MATIC, 3.0-litre V6 turbo diesel, 190kW / 620Nm – $104,900
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 400 4MATIC, 3.0-litre twin-turbo V6 petrol, 245kW / 480Nm – $109,900
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 500 4MATIC, 4.7-litre twin-turbo V8 petrol, 320kW / 700Nm – $127,900
- Mercedes-AMG GLE 63 S 4MATIC, 5.5-litre twin-turbo V8 petrol, 410kW / 700Nm – $189,900
All diesel engines are paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission as standard.