Ford has refreshed its 2016 Ford Kuga Ambiente with more features, including the 8-inch SYNC2 voice-controlled satellite navigation, dual zone climate control and reverse camera now standard.
From April, the Ambiente model receives the following upgrades:
- SYNC2 – Simple voice commands help make calls, play music, adjust the interior climate and even have text messages read aloud for compatible mobiles. System is accompanied by a high resolution 8-inch colour touchscreen, two USB ports and Bluetooth® connectivity.
- Embedded satellite navigation with traffic monitoring – Voice-controlled satellite navigation lets drivers say where they want to go, without having to stop and manually enter destinations. Traffic Message Channel delivers real-time traffic and travel information to help plan routes to avoid delays.
- Updated 4.2” colour multi-function display – Situated in the instrument cluster, this colour screen provides quick access to SYNC™2 and vehicle information. Drivers can view turn-by-turn instructions from the satellite navigation, and scroll through trip and fuel efficiency information using the steering wheel buttons.
- Rear view camera – Can help drivers more confidently reverse by displaying a live feed from the rear of the vehicle.
- Dual-zone climate control with rear air vents – Dual-zone climate control allows both driver and passenger to choose their preferred heating and cooling settings while rear air vents help back-seat passengers stay comfortable.
These updates follow other recent upgrades such as Reverse Camera and DAB+ radio introduced to Ambiente in November 2015.
Ford Kuga is available with six-speed manual and six-speed automatic transmissions and a choice of EcoBoost petrol or optional 2.0-litre TDCi diesel powertrains.
Ford’s 1.5-litre EcoBoost petrol engine is available in two states of tune for the front and all-wheel drive Ford Kuga Ambiente. The Kuga Ambiente front-wheel drive develops 110 kW / 240 Nm while the all-wheel drive develops 134 kW / 240 Nm. A higher performance 2.0-litre GTDi petrol engine powers the Trend and Titanium all-wheel drive models, developing 178 kW / 345 Nm.
Pricing (Excluding on-roads) for the updated Ford Kuga range between April and June 2016 are:
- Ambiente FWD MT $27,990
- Ambiente FWD AT $29,490
- Ambiente AWD AT $31,990
- Trend EcoBoost $36,890
- Trend Diesel $38,890
- Titanium EcoBoost $45,190
- Titanium Diesel $47,190
From July 1 2016, Ambiente models will have a recommended price increase applied:
- Ambiente FWD MT $29,250
- Ambiente FWD AT $30,750
- Ambiente AWD AT $33,250
With a 40 percent increase in sales in the first quarter of this year, Ford Australia hopes the better-equipped Kuga will continue the momentum.