The first-ever Audi RS3 Sportback will arrive in Australia in October, priced from under $80,000, where it will wage war against the mighty Mercedes A45 AMG.
At just $78,900 plus on-roads, the RS3 Sportback will be the most affordable RS model the company has ever produced.
“The new Audi RS3 Sportback delivers uncompromising performance,” said Andrew Doyle, Managing Director of Audi Australia.
“With its imposing stance on the road, astonishingly good dynamics and distinctively ‘Audi Sport’ five-cylinder engine, the new RS3 will undoubtedly make a strong mark on the local hot hatch scene. The sharp pricing and specification we’ve negotiated will ensure that this long-awaited performance model will find the success it deserves in this competitive market,” said Mr Doyle.
The RS3 Sportback is powered by Audi’s award-winning 2.5 TFSI 5-cylinder engine, developing 270kW and 465Nm. In conjunction with the 7-speed S tronic dual-clutch transmission and special RS-tuned quattro all-wheel drive system, the RS3 will demolish 100km/h from rest in an incredible 4.3 seconds.
The new RS3 Sportback arrives with a generous list of standard equipment. Highlights include:
- LED headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights
- MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch
- Audi parking system plus: parking assist with rear view camera
- 19-inch alloy wheels in 5-arm rotor design
- ‘RS’ specific front and rear bumpers, side sill trims and diffuser insert
- ‘RS’ tuned sports suspension
- ‘RS’ sports exhaust system with dual oval tailpipes
- ‘RS’ sport front seats with electric lumbar support
- Digital Radio reception (DAB+)
- Audi Music Interface, Bluetooth interface with music streaming
- Dual-zone climate control with digital display and rear air vents
- Leather/Alcantara wrapped multifunction 3-spoke flat-bottom steering wheel with aluminium shift paddles
- Audi Side Assist
- Anti-theft alarm
- Convenience key