The Audi Q3 has been brought up to date for 2015 with a sportier design, increased in specification and new engines.
Following in the footsteps of its larger siblings in the Audi Q family, the refreshed 2015 Audi Q3 now wears a sculpted Singleframe grille with its enlarged top corners extending to the newly structured headlights.
Further down, the redesigned bumper gets honeycomb grilles and struts in the air intakes, which are framed by sharp edges. A front splitter extends forward below the flat, centre intake.
At the back, both the diffuser and the large, undivided taillights have been redesigned.
Underneath the bonnet, the popular110kW/250Nm 1.4 TFSI engine in the entry-level Q3 gains Cylinder on Demand (CoD) technology, which shuts down two of the four cylinders under light throttle load, promising up to 20 percent fuel saving. Audi claims the engine sips just 5.8L/100km of fuel in the combined cycle and is capable of hitting 100km/h from rest in 8.9 seconds.
The 2.0 TDI 110kW is the entry-level quattro model in the new Q3 range, with a healthy 340Nm of torque on-hand from 1,750-2,800rpm. It reaches the highway speed limit in 9.3 seconds, and returns a claimed fuel efficiency of 5.2 L/100km.
The two top engines in the Q3 range are the 2.0 TFSI siblings – one TDI and one TFSI. The TDI produces 135kW and 380Nm, reaching 100km/h in 7.9 seconds and with a claimed fuel economy of 5.4 litres per 100km. The TFSI petrol powers the fastest model in the new Q3 range. Its 132kW/320Nm flexible power delivery ensures 100km/h is dismissed in 7.6 seconds, without great cost to fuel efficiency: 6.7 L/100km.
One of the highlights of the new Audi Q3 range is the increase in standard equipment over its predecessor. In summary, the equipment highlights of the range are:
Q3 1.4 TFSI and 2.0 TDI 110kW
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights
- Leather-appointed upholstery
- Dual-zone climate control air-conditioning
- Multi-function leather steering wheel with paddleshifts
- Audi Music Interface with Bluetooth audio streaming
- MMI radio system with retractable 6.5-inch colour display and 8 passive speakers
- Tyre pressure warning
- Cruise control
- Driver Information System
- Audi parking system plus, with front/rear sensors and rear-view camera
- Dynamic suspension
- Electric exterior mirrors
- Light and rain sensor
- LED interior lighting package
Q3 Sport 2.0 TFSI and 2.0 TDI 135kW (in addition to the equipment above)
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Colour-coded bumpers and wheel arches
- Front sports seats with electric lumbar support
- Milano leather upholstery
- Aluminium and high-gloss interior trim package
- Auto dimming interior mirror
- Audi Drive Select
- Convenience Key
- Multi-function leather three-spoke sports steering wheel with paddleshifts
In addition, the following key option packages are available, bundling the most popular features.
Technik package – $2,990
- MMI Navigation plus with 20GB HDD storage and 2 x SHDC readers
- Audi park assist with area view
- Audi sound system
Comfort package – $2,990 ($2,490 for Q3 Sport)
- Electric front seat + lumbar adjustment (Q3S)
- Heated front seats (Q3S)
- Convenience key
- Auto dimming interior mirror (Q3S)
- Tailgate with electric open and close (Q3S)
S line sports package – $5,600
- S line exterior package
- 18-inch alloy wheels in 5-parallel spoke design
- S line sports seats Alcantara/ leather
- S line multifunction sports steering wheel
- Black headlining
- Aluminium interior trim
|Model||Price (Excl. on-roads)|
|Q3 1.4 TFSI CoD S tronic 110kW||$42,900|
|Q3 2.0 TDI quattro S tronic 110kW||$47,900|
|Q3 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic 132kW||$52,300|
|Q3 2.0 TDI quattro S tronic 135kW||$56,900|